Friday, December 24, 2010

WWMD?

At 4am as I tumbled out of bed to respond to Taylor's crying I started to think, "What Would Mary Do?"  Every night I am up with that boy at least once to change his diaper and feed him.  Some times I get so frustrated because all I want to do is sleep!  And then I begin to think, what would it have been like for Mary to raise the son of God?  Did she get frustrated with Jesus at 4am when he was crying?  Did she lose her temper with him when she felt pushed to the edge?  Did she know that she had the biggest responsibility in the world to raise God's one and only son?

To be honest I don't know how she did it or how she felt.  I really wish that the Bible gave us more info, cause some days I could really use some help with being a parent!  Some days I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day (maybe that's why I've begun to drink coffee!).  How did Mary do it?  We know that Jesus had other brothers and sisters - did they get along?  Did they bug each other?  Did Jesus ever have a tantrum?  We know he was perfect and without sin, does that mean he argued with his mom or yelled or cried?  I have so many questions and so little answers!  Do any of you who read this have any answers?  I think these will be some of the questions that I ask when I get to heaven!

I guess with Christmas here I started thinking about Mary and the fact that all we really know is that she treasured all these things in her heart.  I really need to learn to treasure more things - especially the challenging.  It's easy to treasure the good things, but some days are just not good!  I think that may be something I will work on in the new year is finding more and more good things in my day, they're probably there, I just have to look!!!!

I'll leave you with those thoughts.  Have a wonderful Christmas and a joyful New Year!!!

1 comment:

Danica said...

Remember labour? Not so fun during the process, but after the fact you treasure it. Raising small children is sometimes like that. Don't worry. Even in your most frustrating moments now, you will find that you treasure them in your memories. It's all worth it. Being a mommy is awesome. Merry Christmas!