Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Getting my craft on

So, for some reason I was totally inspired to start sewing and crafting.  Where did this come from?  I don't know.  All I know is that Taylor drools non stop from morning till night.  He goes through a few bibs a day and they get really smelly.  I saw a girl on Facebook who sews these cute little handkerchiefs for boys.  So, I thought to myself, "self, you can sew and you have scraps of fabric, why not make some of your own".  So out came them sewing supplies and I got to work.

Here are some photos of that work.
Start off with a square (my first attempt was an 11x11) 
and then you cut it in half so you have two triangles.

Hem up the edges all pretty like.

Et voila a handkerchief!


The first time around I was a little lazy and thought I would use Velcro.  All I had was sticky Velcro so I attached it and it worked until I washed it and it came off in the wash!  So I thought I'll put snaps on.  I found a package of snaps at the 99 cent store here.  Sadly they did not work either.  So then I thought why not make it a little bigger and then tie it in the back.  I made this one 15x15 and it works!


Since I have all kinds of fabric scraps, I will make a few more as they are pretty easy to do!  Yeah for a success!

3 comments:

Danica said...

Great idea!

dorcas said...

Great job!! Those are so cute, and they complete Taylor's look =)

Carmen said...

My mom has something similar to this that she used with my brothers when they were babes. The difference is that there is terrycloth sewn to the bottom part of the bandana to make it into a bib for eating with (not just drooling on!!). They are super cute. Great job!