Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The sweetest word

I have been waiting and waiting for Makayla to call me mom, or mama or mommy... just acknowledge me! She was calling Phil dada for a long time. I was kinda sad because her and I are together all the time and Phil has been away for the last four months, but she knows when he calls or when we are going to Skype and gets super excited and starts saying, "dada, dada, dada". Then at Christmas time we were busy in the kitchen getting dinner ready or something and I was washing dishes and Phil was doing something and all of a sudden we heard Makayla fall down and begin to cry. Normally if we think she is ok we will leave her and she stops crying and gets up and carries on. This time she came running over to me, arms up in the air, tears coming down her face and said, "mama". Sigh! That is the greatest thing in the world! Now I hear her all the time and it warms my heart!