Monday, February 22, 2010

The BIG 3-0...

So today is my birthday, the big 30 and I'm not too sure how I feel about the whole thing. This is a big milestone in one's life and i have been in denial about it for the past year. When I was younger I always dreamed about what life would be like. But for some reason, I never got passed the age of 25 in those dreams. In my mind it went something like this: finish high school, finish college, get married right after and start a family. And that's about as far as it got. And that's not how it has turned out! The only thing in that timeline that actually happened at the right time was graduating high school! After that I went on to college, but got married before I finished, worked a few years, went back to school to finish, got a "real" job then had kids. I'm not disappointed, and I'm not really sure why I have these feelings of denial. I should be embracing the fact that I am turning 30. Danica sure has the right idea and I so wish that I could embrace it like her! So, now that I am 30 I will learn to embrace it and where I am in life and be thankful for all that I have and all that I have had the opportunity to do - cause I have had a chance to do a lot of awesome things in the past 30 years!

So, here's to being another year older and another year wiser, right?

1 comment:

Danica said...

Happy Birthday! And I hope the next decade surprises and delights you like watching a movie you think will be bad (or dull) and it turns out being one of your favorites.
Yay for 30! Yay for being a real adult! Yay for children getting older and funner and marriages deepening like a fine wine. Yay for still having 50+ years of life to discover all that God has in store for you. It's just beginning, girl. Happy Birthday!