Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recipes to share

I thought that at the end of every month I would post a recipe that I discovered or one that is a family favorite. I know that I am always looking for inspiration and thought that those of you who read this may need some inspiration at times too! I think most of them are going to be baked good (cause that's what I love and love to do) but I will try to throw in a few others every now and again! For the month of February I am going to share a Teriyaki Sauce Recipe that was totally delicious and compares to Edo Japan!

Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 c. Soy Sauce
1 c. Water
Fresh grated ginger to taste (I didn't have fresh and used ground ginger and thought it was ok)
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
Fresh grated garlic to taste

Put all these ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.

In a separate bowl dissolve:
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch in
1/4 c. water

Add to boiling mixture. If you desire a thicker sauce just add more cornstarch! Add to a stir fry, drizzle over meat and rice and voila!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Danica said...

Thanks for that. I will be copying it down.