Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Makayla's love for the cats

Smokey and Makayla have been friends even before Makayla was born. For some reason our cats seem to know when I'm pregnant. They are much more cuddly and are always trying to find a spot in my lap. Smokey is almost obsessed with belly and will sit on it and purr and kneed her paws on my belly. For the first pregnancy I found it kind of neat. But this second time around it's just weird! Phil and I talked about whether or not Smokey and Makayla would be best buds after she was born because of their prenatal (if that's the right word) bonding time. Sometimes Makayla would even kick at Smokey when she was still inside. Sometimes it would make Smokey purr more and sometimes she would just get up and leave. This second time around she is still pretty interested in sitting on my belly - usually right after a meal so I'm full and she's a pretty big cat. But needless to say Smokey and Makayla are pretty good friends. Here's some recent pictures to prove their friendship!



No comments: