I figured it was time for a little blog therapy for myself, so here it goes.
My time is coming to a close with my job at the church with people I love. The last church I worked at in Toronto I was there for 2.5 years. It was an amazing experience and I loved the kids and the youth and all the people there who became part of our life. For those of you from there, we still talk about you and miss you all like crazy! You had such a huge impact on our life and we do truly miss you.
This time we have been at this church for almost 4 years. We have made some awesome friends and have come to love these people so much. So, how does one say goodbye? I hate saying goodbye and have never been really good at it. Even when I visit with my family there are always a few tears and sadness about leaving. I know that there will be a farewell party at the end of the month for us, but this Sunday is my last Sunday there as the Children's Pastor. I have seen kids make decision to follow Christ. I have seen young people step up and take on leadership responsibilities and I have had the opportunity to make some super awesome friends. I have been avoiding thinking about this and processing this because I hate it. I really don't want to leave and if circumstances were any different we wouldn't be leaving.
How do you tell people that they have impacted your life in ways you can't even explain? How do you tell friends that they have been your support and your sanity? How do you say goodbye to people that you have watched grow and change for the better and you want to continue to see them grow? I'm not sure I'm ready for this. I'm not sure I'm going to know what to do or how to do it especially since Phil will be away at work this weekend.
This weekend there was someone who came to church to candidate (which is like an extended interview). I'm not really sure how I feel about the fact that someone has already applied for my job and they are seriously considering this person to replace me.
I guess I just have a lot of mixed emotions. I am sad to leave all these people and the job that I love doing, but I am so excited that I have the opportunity to take time off to be with my kids and my husband and to rediscover life without being working busy! I'll still be working as a mom and wife, but I won't have the extra work stresses in my life.
For those of you who are reading this who have been a part of our time at NEAC, I just want you to know that you are loved by our family and will be missed more than you know. I'm not good with public goodbyes, so if I write a little something you'll at least know how we feel. We are sad to be leaving you as we have had an amazing time getting to know you and being part of your church family. You have all had some impact on our lives and we will never be the same because we had the chance to meet you. You will always be part of our lives and we will never forget you. Thank you for loving us and accepting us and allowing us to be part of your life! May we have the chance to reconnect again in the future!!!
That's about all I can give you without dying on the inside. Thanks for everything!
4 comments:
Saying good-bye is always sooooo tough. You want to be truly excited about what you're moving to, but how can you when there are PEOPLE involved!! I so know what you mean. We moved four years in a row and even though we had only been a part of people's lives for a milisecond it was so hard to leave them. I think it makes me sooo grateful for technology, and all the social networking. For all the bad people like to point out about blogs and Facebook, it lets me connect with the people I've left which makes it feel more like 'see you later' instead of good-bye. Good-byes do suck, there's no way around it, but He is always with you and He wont let you forget it when you go through this transition!
So hard! I can't imagine saying good-bye to my church family. :-(
Hopefully you are able to maintain some of those ties and plug into a great church in your new home town very very soon.
Cheers!
So hard! I can't imagine saying good-bye to my church family. :-(
Hopefully you are able to maintain some of those ties and plug into a great church in your new home town very very soon.
Cheers!
Thinking of you, Jenn. God has blessed you and those in your congregation-family these past four years. I'm eager to hear of the great things He has in store for you.
Post a Comment