I'm beginning to think I've created a little OCD monster! She's a little obsessed with certain things - like always washing her hands, making sure her tray on her high chair is clean before we eat, if anything spills on the floor it needs to be wiped up right away or if we have a cheerio spill it needs to be picked up. When my mom was here we were doing some cleaning and she wanted in on the action so she got her own cloth to wipe the walls with. When we sweep up dirt she cheers and if she colours on the floor or the wall (which she
never
does because I am always watching her, she will say "Oh No!". Then we wipe it up! She will let me know when she has dirty hands and needs them washed and she asks for and then gets really excited about having a bath!
At church there is this old cleaner (cross between a broom and a vaccum - it's used to pick up surface dirt like a vaccum - do you know what I'm talking about? I should try and take a picture!) and Makayla loves to push it around the church foyer on Sunday morning. The joy on her face is something else. So the other day I let her help me with the Swiffer and she was having fun cleaning up the kitchen! Hopefully she's not OCD, just real clean and helpful!
Now if only she'd learn to clean up her toys!

2 comments:
Haha. I love it. My kids have gone through a stage of particular-ness, too. I'm not saying that your little one is in a stage but my kids... definitely so. Sigh.
Maya is exactly the same! I'm not banking that it's going to last, though. I've got her trained to throw away Keyton's diapers and wipe his face when he spits up - it's pretty sweet! Sarah : )
Post a Comment