Sunday, March 21, 2010

Feeling like a perfectly roasted hot dog

Do you ever feel like you are a perfectly roasted hot dog? Here's what I mean... for those of you who have been pregnant in the past, you know that you sleep on your side and they recommend that you sleep on your left side because on the right side is your sciatic nerve and it is the main nerve from you to the baby, or something like that. I am a tummy and right side sleeper, so sleeping on my left side does not happen naturally or comfortably. Plus there is the fact that everything inside of you is squished and other parts are expanded and sleeping can be really difficult - not to mention the fact that your bladder feels like the size of a pea - TMI, sorry. So the other night as I was laying in bed, pillows between my knees, around my tummy and blankets propping up my back I felt like it was the beginning stages of roasting the perfect hot dog. I fell asleep and about 2-3 hours later, awoke to go to the washroom and carefully positioned myself on my other side, so that I could roast that side. Then 2-3 hours later, bathroom and reposition again to the other. Ah, the joys of being pregnant! When I woke up in the morning I felt like a perfectly roasted hot dog. And thinking about that made me want to go camping with a nice big fire and roasted hot dogs and S'mores. Oh summer, when will you arrive?

Thanks to all who posted and gave me such nice comments on my previous post. I wasn't looking for compliments, but boy do they sure feel nice! It's hard to believe that this pregnancy is quickly coming to a close.

2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Hang in there, Jenn. Soon enough the sleep interruptions will be for another reason :)

The Yee's said...

Yeah... for sure. Good thing it's not forever!