Here's just a little update on our family and our living situation. Phil has been working in Grande Cache for seven weeks now and has been living in a coworkers basement. At the end of this week he will be moving into a house shared by 3 other guys from work. This is good in that he will have his own space as the basement was ok, but it just happened to be their family room and they were wanting to do some renos. Now he will have his own space and won't feel like he is intruding.
We still have not listed our house yet as there really are only a handful of house to buy in Grande Cache (either cheap, needing a lot of work or really expensive). The houses in the middle seem to get snatched up real quick. So, we are trying to figure out what we need to do. Do we list and hope that when (if) we sell that something will be available in Grande Cache, or do we wait until there are more houses on the market in GC before we list here? We thought about renting our place out and renting in GC but there aren't that many places to rent and they go just as fast as the houses and they tend to be a little expensive. The only other option is to just stay here, but that means that Phil will still be commuting every week and all these travel costs and his living costs in GC are adding up pretty quick. I only have 4 more weeks of work and then I will be on mat leave, which means that there will be much less income. Sigh... what are we going to do?
So, if any of you are a praying person, if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for us for wisdom, we'd really appreciate it. I firmly believe that God has a reason for the way that things are happening, but some days it makes it really hard to trust and have patience, especially when the days are long and I am all alone! Knowing that another baby is going to be on the way doesn't make things easier either! I'm trying not to stress out and take things day by day, but sometimes it's pretty tough!
Also, about 6 or 7 weeks ago my foot started to hurt - right on the joint of my big toe. I have seen two doctors and neither of them know what's going on. Being pregnant they can't really prescribe anything so I am finding it super hard to walk properly and my foot just really hurts - so a prayer for healing might be alright too! Just thought I'd throw that out!!!
Thanks y'all for sticking with us and being with us on this journey - even if you are just cyber friends!!! :)
4 comments:
Definitely will be praying for you guys! It can definitely be overwhelming with that ever-looming due date coming closer and closer! As a total aside... did your doctors consider gout? Jer had/has it, in his big toe too, and it often aches to the point of not being able to walk on it. His doctor gave him some pills that take away the pain after a couple of days. Sometimes its a reaction to certain dietary triggers. Just a suggestion...
Thanks for the prayers and the note. The doctor already ruled out gout. It looks like I may just have to suffer it out - ice and elevation!!! :)
Well, that's lame! Hopefully its just a pregnancy thing then that will disappear once your new babe arrives!
You know you guys are always in my prayers :) I hope they figure out what's wrong with your foot tho! It's been bugging you for too long :( If you ever need anything, just let us know! We love you!
Post a Comment