These last few weeks have been pretty draining. I'm not even sure in what way. With all the H1N1 hoopla we decided to go and get pricked. So Makayla and I did that at the beginning of November. Then because whoever the genius is that decided that little kids need two needles we had to go back. Last week Makayla had her 18 month immunizations and then it was time to head back yesterday to finish up H1N1 and get the seasonal flu shot as well. So, once again, double prick and double unhappy baby. I guess the good thing about Makayla is that she is pretty predictable. About 4 hours following her shot she usually comes down with a fever, refuses any kind of medicine and cries and whines for the next 12 hours or so. Good times for all of us! To top it all off, Phil is away right now so I've had to deal with cranky pants all alone. Not that I'm bitter or anything! She's actually been pretty bearable and because I know her pattern I am able to prepare myself for the worst. The worst part about it is that she refuses to take Tylenol or anything else that might relieve her pain. I have to practically sit on her, hold her hands and shove something down her throat and hope that she doesn't throw it up, which she has done in the past. Our family doctor also gave us some that we can put in the other end if she gets a really bad fever - I just hope it never gets to that point. So, this morning we're just chilling on the couch watching a few cartoons hoping this will pass soon!
Yeah, then we were told she needs to go back in four weeks for a booster for her flu shot! GREAT! Hopefully then we'll be done for awhile.
PS - who is the genius that came up with boosters and so many more shots for kids. Because one isn't bad enough, they have to go back for more!
1 comment:
Nasty pokes. I hope they get easier on your little princess.
Post a Comment