Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Becoming a chocolatier

This year I decided to make some gifts for some friends. I bought a chocolate kit and got to work. Boy, it's a lot harder than it looks, especially when you add coloured chocolate and hand paint the chocolates. I was also trying to put together small gifts for all the volunteers at church. As I was pricing things out for 80 volunteers, I thought why not make them chocolates too. So to make 80 snowflake chocolates, it only took me 5 afternoons! I think it is nice to get an edible handmade gift and hopefully others will enjoy it too! I also saw some of the youth at church handing out homemade cookies to their friends - how nice! I am wondering if I have the the skills, time and patience to make chocolates more often. i guess only time will tell!!!

Here's a few pictures of some of the items that I made.


2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

They look fantastic. I love making chocolate but haven't done it in yeeeeeears *maybe because I eat too much ;)

Amanda Franks said...

They look fantastic!