Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Our trip to BC

Makayla and I had the opportunity to go to BC in the middle of October (which was a few weeks ago - sorry for my tardiness, there has been so much going on). We got to go and visit my parents for a week at their new location. Just a year ago they moved from the Lower Mainland up to northern BC - Terrace. Wow, it is super beautiful there. I was a little nervous to fly with her, since her last flight was in February when we went to Toronto. The last time we flew I was also able to nurse her when we took off and landed so that she wouldn't have any problems with her ears. This time I had to get creative. We had two flights (Edmonton to Vancouver and then Vancouver to Terrace). Each flight was approximatly and hour and a half. I figured that she'd be ok on the flight and I brought a lot of activities and snacks. I was also praying that the flights wouldn't be full and we'd have some space. We lucked out on all our flights there and back and had a lot of space. She did super great on all flights, even though it meant that she didn't nap for those two days. YIKES!

We had a really good time with my parents and we were just able to rest and relax. Makayla slept well and had a great time with her grandparents. I wondered how she would do since we hadn't seen my parents for a couple of months. But she took to them real well and had a lot of fun taking Grandma's kitchen apart - I really should have taken photos, but totally forgot.

Here are a few shots from our time there.

We took a trip to the Lava Fields about an hour and a half away. It was pretty amazing.







We also took a trip to Prince Rupert one day which is also about an hour and a half. The trees were turing beautiful fall colours and there were waterfalls everywhere. I attempted to take some pictures while we were driving. Here are a few shots for that trip.








We had a wonderful time and next time we look forward to bringing Phil along with us!

Thanks Mom and Dad for a great week!

3 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

It looks like it was a great trip.

Nathan said...

awesome pictures!

Amanda Franks said...

BC is so very beautiful! So nice that you got to go and enjoy that for a bit!