I just noticed a friends facebook status that read: "What's your favorite Christmas treat?". That got me thinking that Christmas is only a month and a few days away. I really should get on with all that baking and prepping for parties and things to come. I really am having a hard time feeling motivated to do so. See, in these parts we ALWAYS have snow by now. We had a little snow around Thanksgiving, which quickly melted and haven't had any since then - it's been over a month. The last two days we saw temperatures in the PLUS double digits - UNHEARD OF! The odd store has some Christmas music and decorations up, but other than that there really isn't any sign of Christmas. Granted a few of the houses have their lights on, but seriously, do you feel ready for Christmas?
Christmas will be low key for us this year. No family in town and we won't be going anywhere. We decided not to put up our Christmas tree this year as kids toys have taken over and there really is no good place for it, plus I think Makayla would really love to pull things off of it and she would be fascinated with all the shiny balls, that she would try and take everyone down and throw it on the floor, cause that's what you do with balls! On a tight budget as Phil is currently away taking some training - I'll save that for another post - (and not getting paid) and he will only be home for a week. So, I honestly don't really feel much like celebrating it this year. I did however turn on some Christmas CD's the other day to try to get myself in the mood (maybe I will try again this afternoon) but I don't think it worked. Maybe if I could find the energy to start doing some baking and maybe wrap the few little gifts that are floating around the house, maybe then I will feel more in the mood.
So, if any of you have suggestion for good Christmas treats, or ways to feel more excited about this upcoming season, I would appreciate your comments. Hope you're feeling more in the holiday mood!
4 comments:
I usually don't get into the Christmas spirit until our cookie exchange (it's a longer tradition that I got asked to join sweet!), but we're not doing it this year and I too am a little out of spirit. I like that we've picked the traditions we want to do every year and we set dates for them, lol. Then the anticipation of each event/activity adds up and the sum is Christmas spirit! (But you're right snow is pretty crucial!)
Oh, but think of all the traditions you can start with Makayla.... I like that part of it. Make your own holiday adventures, Jenn!!
Thanks for your comments. We will definatley have to make some family traditions here! That would be a great way to have fun things to expect in the future!
it's hard to get into that mood without snow.. i can still hardly believe it's almost december!
Post a Comment