This is one of those stories where there doesn't seem to be a beginning. It's a story where I don't even know where to begin and I just have to start somewhere. So, here it goes...
Since the summer time Phil has been talking about finding a new job. We started talking about having another baby and what that would mean for our working situations. I know that with two there would be no way that I could maintain a full time job and feel happy about where I am spending my time. Phil decided that he would look for a job that would pay enough that I wouldn't need to work, but could choose to if I wanted and we would figure out the child care situation from there. He knew that there were some jobs through Federal Corrections and we happen to have some connections at one of the facilities. Phil did a little research to find out if they were hiring. By now it was the fall and we had just found out that we are expecting baby number 2. So, this began to get Phil a little more motivated and in October submitted his application form. Within a week or so they had called him up and set up an interview. He went to the interview and they felt that the interview went so well that they informed him that he would need to pack up as he had a spot in their next training, which was scheduled to begin the next week. So, Phil has now been gone since the end of October. It is a three month training course in Saskatoon. We have only seen him for one weekend when he came home and surprised us. We are looking forward to his visit this weekend. Then he will be back to training and we will not see him until Christmas. His training will wrap up in January. At that point he will go and do 2 weeks on site training and then will begin his new job. WOW.
To make things more complicated, this job is located about 4.5 hours outside of Edmonton. What does that mean for our family?I refuse to be separated for a long period of time, especially when #2 is set to arrive in the middle of May. It's tough to know what to do, as we still will need to sell our house in Edmonton, find a house in Grande Cache and to make matters even more complicated, there is no hospital in Grande Cache... so we may just stay put until the little one comes and then move. There are so many unknowns at this point, but we know that God is providing for our family in ways that we don't know and we will continue to trust Him as each day passes by. We are super excited for these upcoming changes, although they seem a little crazy! We are sad that we will have to leave our friends and our church family here, but we know that there are many good things in store for us down the road. We are excited to take a little break and spend time investing into each other and into our kids.
This is just a little update to our crazy life. We will be sure to post more when we have more details about what is going on. Thanks to all our friends out there who have taken care of Makayla and I over these past few weeks while Phil has been away. We really appreciate it.
3 comments:
#2!!!!!! Congratulations!! I think I missed that??
I'll be praying for you guys.
Being a faraway friend, with only suspicions, I have totally been waiting for you to put it in writing! So excited that your family is going to grow! We'll be praying for you guys as you go through these transitions. It's so neat to see how God provides when you step out in faith!
congrats sweetie! that's such exciting news on all fronts, its a great program my brother did the same one i'm thinking. it's worth it, i hope all the best for you guys and saving a spot for you in my prayers. :)
Post a Comment