Saturday, October 17, 2009
Teaching kids... er... bad habits?
I love to bake and make stuff. These last few months since Makayla can walk she has become really interested in what happens in the kitchen. Whether we are doing the dishes, making supper or baking cookies, she wants to be in on the action. So the other day I was making a quick no bake cheesecake and she wanted to see what was going on. I made her wait until I was done and then I taught her how to lick off the spatula. I may have created a monster! She would run her finger along the spatula, put her finger in her mouth, smack her lips and say, "mmm". Too cute. So here are a few shots!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It may get a little frustrating when she's big enough to get up onto the counter and stick her hand into the mixer (when it's on) or turn the mixer on or off... (Not that I know this, by experience, or anything).. however, I prefer to call this a "life skill". Valuable lessons, well taught. Go, you!!
at least you taught her to lick the spatula and not how to lick the cheese cake so then no one else gets a peice. I taught my youngest brother that when i lick his cupcake or peice of cake it's all mine cuz it has my germs and coooties and so he licked my whole birthday cake, icing and all one year thinking the same rule applied....and for some reason i was the one to get in trouble...i didn't even lick anything! .... so my parting advice to M...stick to the spatula kid, your mom's a great teacher!
she's adorable!~~ and growing up so fast...
Post a Comment