TO DO:
Spend time with family - done and it was too short
Have Christmas dinner with turkey and leftovers - done on Christmas Eve with leftovers!
Clean carpets, especially the stairs - not done
Organize the basement - didn't even touch it
Organize the office and go through paperwork - nope
Clean - a little (at least all the bathrooms got cleaned and the floors upstairs vacuumed)
Wash down kitchen cupboards - nope, they are still dirty!
Pick up a few items that we were given money to buy - done and on sale so even better!
Hang out with some friends - had dinner with two different couples, but I had wanted to do a little more
Go on a date night without Makayla- it happened, just not the way I planned it (stay tuned for those details)
Go to the dentist - done
Get new glasses and eye exam - done
Have a nap or two - well, I got one nap the whole time (better than none)
Clean up some unused toys - there are more now then there were two weeks ago and the unused ones are still there ;)
See the lights at the Crazy Christmas House - done and see below for photos - this house is all decked out for Christmas every year. There are lights from top to bottom and he even decorates inside his house so you can look through the windows and see train sets and trees and other little sets. It is totally amazing and Makayla was pretty wowed by all the lights!
I guess the list isn't too, too long but I had wanted to get so much more done. The most important part was to spend time together as a family as we won't have this amount of time together again until we move. Phil has three more weeks of training in Saskatoon and then he's off to Grande Cache for a few more weeks of training and then on the team full time. These last 10 days have been great and we have had a lot of fun together hanging out, laughing, playing and enjoying life together! I guess that is what holidays are all about - not always about how much you can get done!
Maisie's Magical Christmas House
4 comments:
I am always amused when young mothers (myself included) get really ambitious and put things like 'organize the basement' and 'clean the carpets' on the to do list during holidays.
Holidays always make us think we have extra time. It's a trick!
Great list, Jenn. I think you definitely got the important ones done :)
Have a great rest-of-the-week.
Maybe a little too ambitious, but they will eventually all get tackled!!
I had a list too. I even wrote it down and posted it in the kitchen for everyone to see. Funny, none of the 'chores' got checked of mine either....lol.
Post a Comment