Ok, so these last few days have been a little crazy. I have a friend here in Edmonton and she found out that she was preggers a little while ago. Her husband just got a new job in BC and moved at the end of March. She stayed behind with her two year old to pack up the house and sell it. This past Friday I gave her a call because I had heard that the house sold. When I called I found out that yes the house had sold but also the night before she was moving a suitcase and fell to avoid landing on her son. When she fell she actually hurt herself and broke two ribs. She went to the doctor to get checked out and then at that time they went to listen for the baby's heartbeat, but couldn't find it. She went for an emergency ultra sound on Monday morning and to all our relief, the baby was still there! So many people had been praying for her and the new little life. I am so incredibly thankful that our God is so amazing and that he does in deed listen to the prayers of people.
On the topic of prayer, a few months ago when we were in Toronto I was having a tough time sleeping one night. I heard a siren in the distance and for some reason felt the need to pray for our friend at church who works for the Edmonton Police Service. I felt that I needed to pray for his safety. A few weeks later I emailed him to let him know. He emailed me back to tell me that particular night they went out on a call and had to chase someone who apparently had a gun. When the caught up with the guy they found out that it was just a fake. Isn't it amazing that God leads people to pray for others at certain times. If you are a praying person and feel God prompting you, do it.
I prayed all weekend for my friend and her family. I woke up in the middle of the night one day and just prayed for them. There are so many other stories of how God answers prayer and I'm sure many of us have a story or two how God answered prayers.
Let's not give up praying for one another!
3 comments:
Good reminder!! Bless you.
Amen. =D
Thanks for your prayers Jenn :) I miss you already. Your post was so encouraging, and much needed! Pls keep praying.
Post a Comment