So summer is officially here. In Edmonton I have come to see that there are only two seasons that exist - winter and summer. Winter came in October and was gone by May. Summer came in May and now that it is June it is still here. I have been told to make sure that I don't get too excited because it has been known to snow in July and August. So, the last week we had temperatures close to 30 degrees. I have been really enjoying the warm weather because I really hate the winter. I have told myself that I will not complain because I know that winter will be here sooner than I want, so I am going to learn to embrace the warm weather here. The only good thing about the heat here compared to Toronto is that there is little to no humidity here. When Phil and I were visiting Toronto last summer it was so hot and all you had to do was step outside and you were instantly wet. In Edmonton, not the same story at all! It is very enjoyable. The nights have been a little warm especially upstairs in the bedroom. It is pretty warm until about 4:00 am and then by 8:00 am it is roasting again! They are saying that it is supposed to rain for the next couple of days. That may bring a little relief for those who are dying! Awe... summer!!!
The great thing about Edmonton summers is that there is so much to do. Last year when we moved here we missed out on a lot of things, so we are hoping to get to some of these great events. For example there is the Edmonton Grand Prix, Heritage Days, Klondike Days, Street Festivals, etc. Plus we have lots of things happening at church this summer as well. In eight weeks Phil and I will be off to Panama for a missions trip. It is proving to be challenging to organize and we are hoping that things will work out here soon. It also looks like we will be moving this summer as we have put an offer in on a home and we are just waiting for final mortgage approval (that should be done this week). I, Jenn, will be running a soccer camp with AIA (Athletes in Action) and we are going to be going with our church for church camp at the beginning of July. We are going to have a busy summer but are looking forward to the challenges that it will bring!
Stay tuned for more exciting summer adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment