Friday, June 15, 2007

I officially HATE Facebook

Ok... it's official. I HATE and when I say HATE, I mean it, HATE Facebook! I know it is a strong word, but that is how I am feeling right about now. The only reason I signed up, was because I somehow got elected to plan my high school grad reunion for 2008... now you know how old I am! I heard that a lot of my high school classmates were on Facebook and thought that would be the best way to connect with everyone. So, after a month or so on Facebook and figuring the whole system out, I created an event to invite all my buddies to the reunion for next summer... the only problem was that Facebook didn't let me choose the year, it defaulted to this coming summer. So, as I sent out the invitation, I made a note saying that this was pre-planning for NEXT YEAR, 2008. I started getting comments and emails like, "I know I'm not that great at Math, but isn't our reunion next year" and things like that. So, I have now posted 2 comments on the event page letting people know the date for nextyear. People still don't get it... I can feel my blood pressure rising and that is no good.

The second reason that I HATE Facebook is because when you are connected to all these people you have the option of reading their walls which in turn you can read all kinds of conversations that they are having with other people who also happen to be "your friends". Well, one friend is very upset with the planning for a reunion, because we are looking to plan a camping trip. To understand my grad class, we are a grad class of 39, and most of us grew up together. We did many camping trips in school and our grad trip was a white water camping trip. So, I'm not too sure why some people are so upset. We are planning it to be somewhat close to a town, so that those who prefer can stay in a hotel... Why do I even bother? Here I thought I was doing a good thing, cause no one else wanted to do it and now people are either dumb and can't read or are upset... I know you can't please everyone... but if you are really upset, maybe you should let me know and if enough people are upset, we could do something different. If I don't know how people feel, how on earth am I supposed to try and make it workable for all?

Anyway... that's my rant about Facebook... I want out... but I'm in too deep... how do I get out? Any thoughts?

No comments: