Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Where to start???

Wow... I can't believe that it has taken me this long to update... so sorry. Life has been pretty crazy! I really like working at Staples and they are giving me more and more hours. I am only working like 15-20 hours but they have been training me on cash, customer service and today I had my frist training shift in the copy centre. It has been pretty good and the people there are really neat. Two people that I work with I have discovered go to church. One has just started going and the other one has been going for a while but still feels pretty spiritually young. They are both really cool people and we have had some interesting talks during our breaks!

Phil is keeping real busy at work as there is much to do and few people to do it or know how to do it. He likes his job and the people that he is working with, but it is making him real tired. As manager he works about 10 hours a day... so by the time he gets home he is pretty tired. It has also been real warm here lately so it makes it a little difficult to sleep at night... :)

This past weekend my mom and two ladies from her church came to our home for the weekend and attended at Willow Creek Promiseland Conference. In January when Phil and I knew we were moving here, I told my mom that she could stay with us and asked if she could sign me up for the conference as well! So they got here Thursday night and stayed until Sunday morning. The Conference was amazing but at the same time really hard for me to get into as I am not currently in ministry. During the first session on Friday morning we sang the song "Every move I make" (with the actions) and I totally began missing my kids from Zion. I started crying as I realized that I don't know when I will be back there and have a part in their lives. Each of us is so instrumental at every age level and I feel that I am missing out on part of their lives. I also realize that I need to let go and let God take care of things. He loves each of them so much and has a special plan for each of their lives.

The other really neat thing that happened happened during the Saturday morning session. Phil Viscar (creator of Veggie Tales) shared his life story. It was at that time that I knew why I was at that conference. He was sharing about how each of us has dreams that God places in our hearts. But if we don't acknowledge God than our dream is futile. He said that sometimes God takes away our dreams becuase we don't let him in. He went on to say that sometimes we try and rush our dreams and we don't do it on God's time. He said that sometimes we just need to spend some time WAITING. That is what hit me... God is taken Phil and I on a journey and we just need to be with him. This is our waiting period as we sit and wait for God to lead us. Kinda crazy the journeys that God takes you on and in the end it is totally worth it!

The weekend was definately full of emotion, passion, excitment for what is to come and an overall joy that when serving God there is nothing better!

So as you can see things are a little crazy. We are also finding it hard to get involved in the church as we both sometimes end up getting scheduled to work on Sundays. It is kinda hard to work through that but we try and go to church for the early service if possible. The church is pretty good but it is pretty focused on seekers. The last message was really good as the pastor talked about what responsibliities we have to the leaders and to one another. I really enjoyed it.

I think that is all the updates that we have.... NO there are no kids yet!!! Seems that is the question that everyone is asking these days... but no... nothing yet... we will definately let you know when (probably in two to three years... for those of you that are wondering!).

I am about to watch Alias so I need to devote all my attention to figuring out what is going on! Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: