I have now completed three days at Staples! I am surviving! The first day was five hours of reading mannuals and walking around the store. The next day I was put on cash and made it ok. The third day I was on cash all day and it was a long day. It was pretty slow so we were doing some odd jobs and then they finally sent me home cause there were too many cashiers and not enough customers. It worked out well cause I had to take the Protege in to have an "out of province inspection" done on it, so that we can get Alberta license plates! Everything was fine. Here is a note to you if you are going to move to another province and bring your car with you... you will need to have an inspection done on it. It will cost you money so shop around... Canadian Tire wanted to charge us $190 and the Mazda dealership charged us $90... that is a difference of $100... CRAZY! Do your homework!
Phil's job is going well... he is keeping real busy. On Wednesday he gets a shipment of fish... they came in at 4:30 and he was supposed to leave the store at 5 and he didn't come home until after 8... so it was a little crazy on that day!
Phil will be off on Saturday and we are contemplating what to do with our day off together. We may end up sleeping and staying home. If you have any ideas let us know what we should do!!!
Well, that is about it... I still do not have an Alberta driver's license cause I have no proof that I live here! I have not got any mail (like a bill or anything) with this current address... :) We also have not been able to find where to go to change our health cards... I guess we will have to start asking around.
For those of you from the 'Loops who are reading this... I had lunch on Sunday with Mr. and Mrs. McIver and Amy. It was really enjoyable and really neat to see them again! We realized that we had not see each other for ten years. They moved to Red Deer from Kamloops in the summer of '95. Now Paul, Leanne and Brian are married... Paul and Chantel just had a little baby (I believe it was a boy). So much has happened in ten years! I think that we will probably see them around as we are going to the same church right now. I am hoping to get togehter with Leanne and Colin sometime... just finding the time (when Phil has time off!!).
That is all for now. I will let you know what Phil and I end up doing on our day off on Saturday!
Cheers for now!
PS... my friend Leanne just called me and we are going to get togehter on Saturday night for coffee... so that is one thing that we will do on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment