Sunday, April 10, 2005

What we did on the weekend...

Well since nobody gave us any ideas as to what we should do on Saturday we did our own thing. We slept in and then I made waffles. We then decided that we needed to go out and pick up some things. So we went across the street to Walmart and bought some things. We went to check out the competition at Petland and see what was happening there. We also went to Future Shop to look at TV's (Phil would like to buy a new one... a bigger one than what we have). We then went to this place called JYSK (home furnishings) and saw that they had a big sale on. We wanted a few items, only to find out that they were all out of stock. So we got a rain check and hopefully they will call us soon so we can pick up our furniture! My friend Leanne called us and we met up with her and her husband for something to eat. It was great to see them and hang out with them. Then we came home and picked up sokme of our laundry cause our washing machine broke down last weekend and we are still waiting for our landlord to fix it. While we were waiting for our laundry to wash, we went next door to Papa John's and ordered pizza. Then we came home, put the laundry in the dryer, ate pizza and watched tv. That was basically the day!

Today Phil went to work in the morning and I went to church. Ever go to a service and feel like that service was meant for you. Well that is how I felt today. There was a guest missionary speaker from Mexico City. I love missions and was really touched by his message. I wish he had spoken that message to other churches that I have been at. He was saying that we all have a responsibility within the church. We have all been called by God to either go into missions or send missionaries. If we are not doing either, then we should do something. Also, within the church we all need to be doing something. He also said that pastors are only there to help equip and guide those around them. He went on to say that it is not the pastor's job to do everything. I got to thinking that I need to get involved somehow at the church. Ironically, today was the new Children's pastors first day. I got to thinking that I should make myself a little known to him and see if there is anyway that I can help out. I really miss all the kids from Zion and need to fill the whole!

* I miss all of you from Toronto!*

Tomorrow we are off to work and another week begins.... stay tuned to see what happens next!!! I know this is a real exciting blog to read!

No comments: