I am so glad that I get to be a SAHM. I think that is the first time that I've called myself that here on this blog. It feels weird. I feel that society has such different opinions on this. Part of me feels that it's great to be home with the kids while they are young. I get to spend time with them and pour my life into them. On the other hand it feels like I should be out "working", making my own money to do my own thing. I feel so lucky to spend time with my kids. I've been able to take Makayla to swimming lessons and this past week we got to go to Parent and Tot Soccer! I get to take Taylor to swimming this summer too! I babysat a little boy this week who is the same age as Makayla and he has both of his parents working. I know that they work to provide for their family - I totally get that. I just felt a little sad that he doesn't get to do these things with his mom. I am so thankful that Phil has a job that can pay our bills. I am thankful that the government paid for me to spend the last year at home with my kids! I will treasure the time I have with them because I know that soon Makayla will be in school and that then will be my cue to go back to work!
Thanks Phil for allowing me this opportunity to be with our kids! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment