Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Big FIRST Birthday!

In the past I have read mom's blogs who recount the first year of their child's life and in my head I thought, that's kinda lame. But now that my baby is turning ONE, it's not all that lame! It really does seem like yesterday that we were calling my mom to come out and getting ready to have a baby. Now one year has gone by and she has grown so much.

She had so many first this year, from plane rides, to car trips, to outings at the mall, to getting her first tooth, to taking her first steps (although not all by herself yet), to eating her first food, etc. It has been so much fun and joy to have her in our life and we feel so blessed.

This weekend/week has been busy so far. On Sunday we had cake for whoever wanted to join us. We had a lot of cake and a lot of people.




Then Sunday evening we headed over to a joint birthday party with friends Jeff and Adoria . We had a lot of fun. The cake here says "Happy Birthday JAM" being Jeff, Adoria and Makayla.



Tuesday was Makayla's actual birthday and we had a chance to celebrate with some of our closest friends. Thanks Joe for hosting us at your place (and for all the leftover food!). We had a great time with about 26 friends. We are so lucky to have such great friends here as all our family is either in BC or Ontario. Makayla has been a little cranky over the weekend and Wednesday we discovered that she is about to get tooth number two, so we totally understand her crankiness, plus the craziness of the weekend. Can you blame her? I wish I had more time to take pictures, but she would not seem to let go of me. Poor thing.


Having a little bit of a rough moment (but seriously so cute!)...


The Panda cupcakes that I made her.


The much anticipated picture of the first tooth.


To end off the big year, Makayla had her 12 month immunizations on Wednesday morning. She cried a little more than the last time, but about 10 minutes later she was busy wanting to play with her stuffed Moose. She had a great nap and is now sound asleep in bed! What an exhausting few days. I am so glad that it is over and now we can get back to our regular scheduled life!

Happy Birthday Makayla. We can't wait to watch you grow and learn more over this next year!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Awww.. that's so sweet Jenn :) You are such an amazing woman! By the time I finished reading this post I had tears in my eyes! I can't believe it's been a year already either! It didn't feel like it was that long ago when we first met her when she was only a week old. And now, she's getting more and more beautiful by the day :)

God is so good! It's been such a blessing to watch Makayla grow and be able to share our lives with your happy little family <3 Looking forward to more memorable moments!

Bloggy Mama said...

What a cutie and what a wonder-bug. Love it. Happy Belated, sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

That's right- I remember you had your baby right around the time we got married- I'll always know how old she is:)

She is a cutie- congrats!

Time goes so fast doesn't it?