Monday, April 21, 2008

32 Weeks and I've completely given up...

So, Friday night we had our last AWANA theme night. At church with the kids we like to have some theme nights (such as crazy hair, hats, etc.). This Friday it was ugly pants night and since I only have a few pair of pants that fit, I took a trip to Good Will to see if there was anything there that had an elastic waist band that I could deem as ugly. Well, I found a pair and after that evening, I felt like I was a whale. I felt totally unattractive and so I had Phil take a picture so I could show you that I am 32 weeks pregnant and I have completely given up!!! Take a look!!



Pretty nasty isn't it? Well, to make myself better I will have to get a better picture taken. I don't think I look that big, I was sticking my belly out to make the picture that much more dramatic!

On a pregnancy side note, they say that you begin to lose your brain and you start to forget things. So I was teaching the kids on Sunday morning and we were wrapping up a series on creation. The last couple of weeks they had learned about the first five days of creation and my talk was about God creating people. I was asking them to tell me the difference and similarities between things. We started with two rocks (what's the same and what's different). Then we compared a rock and a plant (same and different) and then I had them compare the plant to an animal (same and different). Then I asked them to compare the plant to an animal (same) and they replied that they had already told me. So I had to ask one of the helpers if that was true and she nodded her head. So then I asked them for the differences and they said they had already done that too. Boy oh boy... I laughed, they laughed and we moved on! It was pretty funny. But then we got to talking about how God created Adam from the dust of the ground and then Adam was all alone. He was having fun in the Garden, but he had no one to share it with. So God decided to create a partner for Adam, so Adam went to sleep and God took a rib from Adam and created Eve. When he woke up there was a beautiful woman there by his side to keep him company. I told the kids that now Adam had a friend and one little boy with a big grin on his face said, "Yeah now he has a girlfriend". How true that statement is!! Awe... kids are so cute!

So, those are a few things from this past weekend. I am so glad that there are only about (and by about I mean it could be less, but probably more) 7 weeks to go! I can't wait to meet baby Yee!!! This little beast that has been damaging my insides will soon makes its arrival and we will get to see if it is a little girl or boy! Word on the street is there is a pool taking place at church, but I'm not too sure on the details... so get in touch with Phil, I think he knows more, plus his brain functions much better than mine at this point in time!!!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

hehehe. aww, Jenn, you are just too cute. even though you might feel like a whale, you are still adorable! so it's allll good! i can't wait to come back to Edm! but the weather better start warming up soon. it's already feels like summer here with beautiful sunshine! i packed so much warm clothes this time cos i don't want to freeze my bum off like last year. it was around the same time of year and i remember i was wishing i brought warmer clothes!

man, i hope baby yee chooses to come out when i'm around and not when i'm in van for the week of my convo! i really hope i can be there for the special day =) i duno why but i have a feeling it'll be a boy. maybe i should talk to phil about the pool eh? hehe. see you in a few days!!