Friday, March 21, 2008

Third times a charm... right?

So this is the third time that I have been sick since being pregnant. Not all that fun as I cannot take anything except Tylenol. They (the doctors) say drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. Well, when I drink lots of fluids that means that I am up every hour or two which means that I am not getting plenty of rest! Sigh. My head is stuffy, my throat is swollen and I have this terrible cough. I feel bad for Phil as he has to listen to this all night long.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't Easter weekend and if I wasn't in charge of all our kids programs for this weekend. We have a special program for the kids this morning (being Good Friday) and then again on Easter Sunday. What's just as bad is that the majority of our friends have time off this weekend and want to hang out, but I feel so terrible that probably Phil will have to go on my behalf and I will stay home to "rest". If I wasn't needed to do the kids program then it would be fine, but seeing as how that is my job and all, I guess I need to do it. Here's hoping that I have a voice today and Sunday. I guess the good thing is is that we are using mainly a dvd curriculum, but someone needs to MC it and had I anticipated getting sick I would have found someone else to be the MC, but it is too late in the game!

Maybe what all these sicknesses mean is that the baby will have the best immune system in the world (or one of the worst). This definitely is no fun. Sorry to bore you yet again with the blah details of my life... I guess this blogging thing is good just to vent out all life's frustrations!

Hey... if anyone has some good remedies for getting better or knows about safe drugs for pregnant people, drop me a line as I am game to try anything to feel better and get some sleep!!!

1 comment:

kkwans said...

Hey'a, thats too bad to hear that your sick at like the one of the most busiest times of the year at church.

Too bad you can't draw upon massive resources like they do here at Hillsong, haha. I don't think the children's pastor needs to constantly run the kids program here, or at least they delegate to other co-ordinator, haha.

~If I get better with working kids, haha, maybe i can help out when if i can come back for 2 months. :D

Hopefully you'll start to feel better soon!