Hello friends. I realize that it has been over a month now since I last updated this area. My apologizes. Life has been a little crazy. It seems like ever since we moved here we have been on the move.
School is going great… Three and a half more weeks in the semester! I can’t wait. One step closer to graduation. I have been enjoying my classes for the most part and have been learning a lot. I seem to be doing pretty good to which is good since I haven’t been in school for a few years! It does feel good to be back and to be that much closer to finishing.
Phil has been busy working. He was lucky to have the last four days off. Now I probably won’t see him until January. Christmas being the busiest time in retail Phil will be pretty busy at work. The week before he worked the overnight shift (7pm until 5am) just so that they could get product put out and stay ahead of the game. There is just no way to do that in the day with customers around. He has also been looking into other jobs, but so far nothing has worked out for him. He is hoping to be able to go back to school next year and finish up. We are praying that it will all be worked out for him for next year.
Our plans for Christmas are pretty simple. We are staying in Calgary by ourselves! This will be our first Christmas without any family. It will be a little weird but I am pretty sure that we will both be working a lot so that it will not be too bad. We may try and get in touch with a few friends out here, so we will see what to do! We will not have a Christmas tree as our place is just too small and we would have no where to put it! A few of the people in the complex have decorated their balconies with lights, but that just takes too much work! So we are just going to forego those things this year. I kinda feel like we are the movie “Christmas with the Kranks” (for those of you that have seen it!). We are not skipping Christmas as much as we just are running out of space and time!
I guess we have decided on a church for now. We are attending Foothills Alliance Church which is just up the street from us. It is ok. It is real big (almost 2000 people) and hard to get connected. I have signed up to help out with children’s ministries but they called me once and I wasn’t home so I returned their call last week and I have not heard from them since. So, we will see what happens there. We are going there because it is close. Basically each quadrant of the city has a big Alliance Church and this one just happens to be the closest. There is one that is about 20 minutes and two that are over 30 minutes away. There are two Alliance Chinese churches in town and we have only been to one and it is about 30 minutes away. We may try the other one that is a little closer to us someday. But since Phil works and I go to church by myself most of the time we picked Foothills. So, we will see what happens there.
I guess that is pretty much all for now. We do miss all our friends from Markham/Toronto and we do think of you often. We have not forgotten about you. So, please let us know how you are. Have a great week!
PS... the weather has been so warm out here it doesn't feel like November but more like May! This past weekend was 15 degrees and the rest of the week should be about the same!
3 comments:
Hi Phil & Jenn. We have plenty of snow last night & today. Winter is here in Toronto. We'll keep praying for you, Phil, as you look for another job. I have to do the same too cause our dept is shutting down before the end of the year.
Kong.
hey phil&jenn.
hope you guys are doing good! first term is almost over, and remember last year when i was FREAKING out about getting in? now .. my first year is half done. im having SO MUCH FUN and getting so little sleep at the same time. it sucks! haha. but what can ya do. :P
can't believei finals are just 3 weeks away. AHHHHHHHHHHH!! . craziness. i miss you two a lot!! i don't really have time to go to church most weeks cause im always lacking sleep. but when i do go, i go to OCAC. people there are so nice! really reminds me of ZAC.
: )
anyways
i'll tty guys later. take care, God bless
rubes
hey phil and jenn.. how's life? it's getting a bit chilly in Toronto.. btw.. i adopted two kittens about 1 month ago..they're so cute! hahaha.. :)
Post a Comment