Hello! Happy Thanksgiving... All you Zioners, I hope that you had a wonderful time at your retreat. This year is definately different. This is the very first Thanksgiving that we have been on our own. The last few years we went to the Thanksgiving Retreat and then we would go to Phil's parents for turkey dinner. This year, we are all alone! I am attempting for the first time to make a turkey. So far it smells really good! I just hope it tastes good. Phil is at work today and will be home in time for dinner!
Things are going pretty good for us. I am still trying to come to grips with the fact that I will be graduating in a few short months. The million dollar question by everyone is "what are you going to do next?". So, Phil and I have tossed around many different possibilities, but we will have to wait on the Lord and see where it is that He leads us. We love Calgary and would love to stay here for a while, but we know that our plans are not always God's plans. School is going really well and I am really enjoying it. My job is awesome and the people that I am working with are totally great. I am really enjoying it here. Being here feels right and it feels good to know that we are doing that which God wants us to do.
Phil is still working and is getting tired. He is working long hours (minimum ten if not more). He is getting a little frustrated and is hoping that he might find another job. He has been looking and has had a couple of interviews, but nothing has worked out. We know that God will provide at the right time!
It is hard to believe that it is already Thanksgiving. Only a month and a half of school left for this term. I am looking forward to Christmas as it means only one more semester at school! I am real excited to finish and see what God has in store for us next. Phil is also looking at finishing his degree next year. Our life is a journey and with God by our side it is so exciting!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Much love to you all!
1 comment:
Hey phil+jenn!!!
university is so fun!! i came home for thanksgiving and i went to the retreat and that was really amazing too!! it was so nice to get away from everything. like always! however, i spent a lot of my time studying.. .. yup.. so i started goin to ottawa chinese alliance church. well, i went to the university fellowship for the first time last saturday. this sunday i will be attending church service and from there, i hope i continue. : ) its so cool cause i met this guy named derek, who goes to NCAC and i mentioned phil, and he knew who i was talking about..and then the youth pastor there right now, knows An! crazy. they went to school together.
such a small world in the Christian family : ) .. anyways.. im staying up to wait for my bus. i dont feel like sleeping..yup..
: )
hope you two are doing well! take care. : )
rubes
Post a Comment