Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

My, where has the time gone? First I would like to say thanks to all who have emailed us recently. We have been so busy and that is no excuss. We will do our best to find some time in the next few weeks to reply to you. We hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas.

This Christmas was a little different for us as we spent it alone. It was a little lonely, but to me (Jenn) it didn't really feel like Christmas at all. Everything around me was telling me that it was Christmas but I just did not feel Christmasy. Work was crazy, the malls were insane and everytime you turned on the TV or radio, all you heard was something about Christmas. I have been trying to figure out why it has not felt like Christmas and I have not been able to determine why. This year we did not travel to visit either of our families and that could be part of the reason. Plus it has been in the plus double digits and on Christmas day was 14. The kids were outside playing baseball in the field just in front of our place. Well, enough about that I should let you know what else has been going on.

I finished this semester and now I am waiting for my grades. I need to pass everything in order to graduate in April. Next semester I will have three classes to complete so I will be working more in order to pay the cost of tuition. Prices are always increasing, so I need to work in order to keep the finance deptartment happy! I have been blessed to have been given a little money from the school in order to help cover some tuition costs. I received word about that on my last day of exams. What a blessing right before Christmas!

Phil has been working like crazy to make sure everything was ready at the store for Christmas. He has also had a few job interviews over the phone and we are waiting for the new year to see if there is any word regarding any of the jobs. If not, he will continue to work and apply for things that appeal to him!

We are planning a trip to Abbotsford to see my family in Feb. We were able to score a great seat sale and so we will be heading there for a week. I am really looking forward to having some time there. We may even take a couple of days and go explore Vancouver Island. Phil was there when he was real young but hasn't been there since! That should be a lot of fun. No plans yet to get to Toronto, but we will have to see what kind of work I aquire after graduation and then we might have a better idea. We will let everyone know when we plan to visit the East!

I suppose that is all for now. Just wanted to let you know that we are alive and that you are not forgotten. From us to you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: