Friday, September 09, 2005

Back to the daily grind

Ok friends, here is what is new. We moved into Calgary on Thursday (just over a week ago). Thursday morning we went to pick up the U-haul, which we had confirmed a few days prior, at 8 am. When we got there we were told that they did not have our truck and that it was in Stettler (45 min away). We refused to go and get it and asked that they find one in town and fast. So, they found us a bigger truck and when we went to pay for it, turned out to be cheaper. So, we started loading up the truck and finished around noon. The landlord came over and we filled out the papers and were good to go. We drove to Calgary and got to our new place shortly after three. Thank goodness a couple that we know in Calgary came and helped us move. They were lifesavers! We had to move up three flights of stairs and there was no elevator! Fun! Needless to say, we finished around 7:30, went for dinner and went to bed! Friday we drove back to Red Deer so that Phil could pick up his car and we drove back to Calgary. Phil started work Saturday morning, I started work on Tuesday and then a full day of school on Wednesday. I had my first day of work yesterday and it was awesome. I am sitting in the library typing this because my 2:30 class was cancelled and I thought I would get started on some of my assignments... there are a lot!

That is basically our last week in a nut shell. I have been taking the C-train to and from school and work (they are only a few blocks away from each other). We live real close to the end of the C-train in the NW and it takes me about 10 minutes to walk, 15 minutes by train and then another 10 min walk to school or work. It is pretty good. Phil on the other hand has to drive to the SE and takes him about 20 minutes when it is not rush hour and about an hour when it is!!! Fun times!

That's about it. Hope everyone else is doing well and getting back into the grind!

Cioa!

No comments: