Monday, March 28, 2005

The job hunt begins

So, I decided that since I have been in town for a week I should start looking for a job. I was going to take some time off for about a month or so, but I am so bored! There are tons of jobs here in town... if you want to work at a waiter, waitress, etc. Apparently Red Deer has the most resturants per capita! Let's eat! So, I have been tweeking my resume and scouting the internet and making a list and checkin' it twice... gonna find out who's notty or nice... sorry got carried away! The snow is still here, so I just think about Christmas when I see snow!

Seems my comment last night about tattoos sparked a few comments and emails! It was a total random thought... who knew you all had your own ideas and thoughts about tattoos! By the way... I don't have one!

Some of you have been asking how Carmel fared during the trip out here. Well the first day was pretty tough. We got her some travel medicine from the vet, but it didn't really kick in until about 2pm. She cried and tried to eat her way out of her kennel from about 5am till 2pm. Then she slept till we got to the hotel. The next day was a little better and I thinhk she figured that she wasn't gettin' out. The last day we had a little more medicine left over, and she slept the whole day! She has adusted well to the new home and finds the stairs a work out machine! She loves to run up and down and down and up! She loves to lie in front of the patio window and soaks up the sun!

Phil's job is also going real well. It is still real busy for him and his hours are pretty busy. The people here were waiting for the store to open and are still pretty excited about the store being in town. He still really likes it and really enjoys the managers that he is working with. He says that his employees are really excited to learn how to work at Petsmart whereas in Markham they didn't really care!

All is well here with us. We hope that you are all doing well.

2 comments:

andie said...

I'm trying to convince my dad to allow me to have a cat.. i'm trying really hard.. but still not working! sigh!!!! :(

hey! i'm looking for a job too ... maybe i should go to red deer and find myself a good summer job! what do you think? hahaha

anyways.. good luck on your job hunt and it's nice to hear Phil is liking his job ..

ruby erker said...

hey you two!! glad things are going well now! miss you two tons!

i got a new job! im a hostess at milestones now..cause laura secord/hallmark at the location i work at is closing down. but yeah.. its all working out! : ) midterms are here soon..so im gonna be off the hook in about 2-3 weeks. mannnnn.. i cant wait to get outta hs! haha

i went to Ottawa last week to visit Carleton University. i absolutely LOVE it there. i checked out the two alliance churches there on the net. haha.. michael said he'd go visit with me if i get accepted and go there. woohoo! i cant wait. i really hope i get in! but anyways. take care guys!

Miss ya lots!!