Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meal Planning is my enemy

Cooking for two small kids is such a chore. If they could eat soup and mac and cheese forever they'd be happy... but I want them to have more of a variety and more healthy food options. I've made all these awesome things lately (Taco Bites being one of them!) and they're just not into it... any ideas?

I did make the Pork Tenderloin recipe and it was amazing... it will be a keeper. I also made a minestrone soup that was pretty good too and the kids even ate it! I was a little surprised but totally thrilled. Trying to think about what to cook up next!

2 comments:

D said...

Ha ha. When my kids were that age I made french toast for dinner on a regular basis. Whole grain bread - egg for protein, and just a smidge of real maple syrup instead of the fake stuff.

(And it was fast and easy) (I cut it into bite-sized pieces for them before putting it on their plates using a pizza wheel cutter - extra fast!)

We also ate a lot of pasta during those days.

Now that they're bigger we get way more variety.

dorcas said...

I kept trying to think of what foods I liked as a kid, but I don't seem to remember having a favourite in those really early years! Cyrus and I just ate what was fed to us, haha...my earliest memory of a favourite dish was when my mom cooked a meatball spaghetti for my birthday one year. Maybe grade 3 or 4 :)