This year my mom and I decided to challenge ourselves to see if we could cook one meal a week in our crock pot. So, I thought I would share here what meals I'm going to be making and then I'll update to share if they were good or bad and how well they went over with the kids.
Here is a list of some up and coming meals...
Orange Chicken
Lasagna
Beef Stroganoff
Veggie Chowder
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Crock pot Italian Chicken
Healthy Mama Barbecue Chicken
3 medium unpeeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 large green pepper, cut into strips
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
1 zucchini, chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
2 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks
1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard (I wasn't sure if this meant actual mustard or the spice so I did a little of both)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dump everything into two gallon freezer bags, shake it up, seal, label and put in the freezer.
Take out of freezer, for 30 minutes and cook on low for eight hours or low for four hours.
Chicken Curry
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons curry powder
1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
1.5 pounds chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups chopped peeled sweet potatoes
2.5 cups baby carrots
2 cup coarsely chopped mango
1 cup chopped onion
1 zucchini chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 chicken bouillon
.5 cup raisins (for garnish)
.5 cup peanuts or cashews (for garnish)
Dump everything into two gallon freezer bags, shake it up, seal, label and put in the freezer.
Take out of freezer, for 30 minutes and cook on low for eight hours or low for four hours.
I think this week we might try the Veggie Chowder and prep the frozen meals too!!! If you readers have any great crock pot recipes, I'd love to have you share them with me!
1 comment:
Here is a link to our most-often used crock pot recipe. i make it probably once a month.
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/soups/chicken-enchilada-soup/
I love my crock pot. Happy cooking!!!
Post a Comment