Sunday, January 18, 2009

The worst feeling in the world

On Friday my little one woke up with a very phlegmy (sp?) chest. We didn't think too much of it, but come Saturday morning she was sneezing up a storm and coughing very badly. She didn't nap much during the day and it took her forever to finally go to sleep on Saturday evening. As I was holding her and rocking her on Saturday night I felt so helpless. There was nothing that I could do for her. I didn't know what hurt or what was bothering her and because she is too young there is no medication that can be given to her. All I wanted to do was take the pain away from her, but I couldn't. And I began to wonder if that is how God felt when Jesus was there suffering for all of us. Did God desire to take away his sons pain so that he wouldn't have to endure it any longer? I have a feeling that is how he felt.

Sunday we went to church and lucky for us we have our family doctor there, so she gave her a quick look over and some tips of what we could do to help her out. It is seriously the worst feeling in the world. Seeing your baby so miserable and helpless and not being able to do much of anything for her. Sigh. The doctor said to give it a few more days and she should be on the up and up! I hope so, cause Phil and I have a double date scheduled for Thursday night!

1 comment:

Bloggy Mama said...

Sick kids are definitely the worst. There's nothing that can make you feel quite as helpless. Hope she's up to snuff soon.