So after having a baby I have come to realize that no one cares about me anymore. Everyone only cares about my Makayla. As soon as people see me they ask "Where's Makayla?". They never ask me how I'm doing or what's going on. It's all about MAKAYLA. Not that I'm bitter or anything cause I am so glad that people love my baby! We had family come and visit us this summer and now we have more family coming to visit next week and then next month we have friends coming from Toronto. Funny, we have been in Alberta for three years now and it took having a baby to have people come and visit us. So, it's no longer about us anymore it's all about Makayla!
Even when we go out to the mall (like tonight) everyone says, "What a cute baby" and "Look at all that hair". Yes, she is cute and yes she does have crazy hair. It is so awkward because people walk by and stare and make comments yet they don't really talk to us. But then there are the crazy ones who come up and start rubbing her head and saying how cute she is. They talk to her and she gives them huge smiles. What's a mom to do? Phil and I were just talking and we are afraid that one day someone will take her and we will never get her back. Tonight at the mall a sales assosiate comes up to us and says, "She is so cute". Then she rubs her head and says, "I wanna take you home". Oh no you don't! We need to have our eyes on her at all times now! Yup, it's no longer about me... I think I'm feeling a little left out!
1 comment:
Aww, Jenn! We loveee you :)I'm sure people have told you that you should be glad that Makayla's such a darling. She totally got it from you! But I guess you guys should be careful about people trying to steal her. I'm sure that have crossed people's minds.. even at church! So let alone the random strangers. Lol. Maybe you guys should invest in a GPS tracking device for her just in case...
Hope you'll be able to enjoy all the visits coming up and won't get too stressed out or irritated. Just remember that even though Makayla may have taken the spotlight we still love you!
Post a Comment