Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life Has Been Crazy

Where to begin? For those that don't know, Phil got laid off from his job in May and so he was able to be around a few weeks before and after Makayla was born. It was great to be able to spend some time with him before we became a family of three. He then was able to get a new job that started the beginning of July. That took him to Vancouver for 4 weeks and now I can say that I understand what it means to be a single mom - truly tiring and exhausting. Makayla and I went to my parents house for two weeks in July and were able to spend the weekends with Phil as he was already in the Vancouver area. Makayla travelled like a pro star and did so well on the airplane! I was so nervous to travel with her by myself, but she did great! While in Vancouver we got to take part in my brothers weddding and we go to drop in on my uncle's surprise 60th birthday. It was a great time to connect with family and a chance for the grandparents to cash in on some time with their new grand daughter. It was also great to see my grandma hold her 14th great-grandbaby and for my grandpa to hold his first! Truly a fun time.

August seems to have come in gone in the blink of an eye! Makayla is getting bigger and more social and so much more cuter! She is smiling, making noises and working on rolling around! She is very social and enjoys being at church with all the aunties and unlces around to hold her and make faces for her! Phil has been busy figuring out his new job with Yellow Pages and getting into a new routine. It is pretty special for us because he gets to work from home and so we get to see him more!

Starting in September I will be going back to work and this is causing me some sleepless nights and afternoons as I try to figure out how to work from home with a little one and get to the office, plus go to the gym, do the chores around the house and the errands that need to be done. These next few months will be challenging as we all try to figure out and create a new routine for all of us. I am looking forward to getting back to work as there is much to do, but I am really enjoying hanging out with my daugther. I guess the good thing is that I can bring Makayla with me to the office and I can work from home at the same time. So, we will see how it goes.

Now to leave you with a few more pictures of Makayla!

11 Weeks

Great-Grandpa Martens

Great-Grandma Gray

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have had a busy summer! Good to hear that Makayla is a great traveller - what a cutie! I can definitely relate to the stress of getting everything done! Thankfully I have my mom nearby and she is able to come in once a week. I return to work February and I don't even want to think about leaving Maya - oh well, I just try to enjoy every minute I have with her! All the best to your family! Give Makayla a hug from me!

Julie said...

No way!! Makayla can't possibly get any cuter can she? I hope things are going well with starting back to work. I wish we lived closer so I could babysit sometimes.
It's great to see the great-grandparents with the little ones.