Monday, September 10, 2007

The Need to Blog

For some reason I am feeling the need to blog. I don't really have anything pressing that I need to write about, but I just feel like writing.

Last week Phil and I went to BC to visit my family and attend a little family reunion of sorts. It was a lot of fun to head back to BC and it was good to spend some time with family, time with Phil and to also have coffee with some old friends. We didn't do a whole lot in BC, just kinda chilled and hung out and enjoyed not having to go to work for a week! Now we have to start making plans to visit the Yee's sometime around Christmas. So, for those of you reading this out in Ontario, you may see us sometime after Christmas.

Also after two months of waiting and waiting, Shaw was finally able to install our cable and internet at our new place. Apparently when you move into a brand new place in a real new area it takes awhile for them to get all the connections and all the info in their computers. Tomorrow morning they will be coming to hook up our phone! Let's see... we moved into our new place at the end of June and it is second week of September. That's a long time! Now, my cell phone bill should decrease and I will finally be able to talk to our family and friends!

It is already starting to feel like fall in Edmonton. I need to take some pictures to prove that the leaves are already changing colour and it is getting super cold at night. The day time gets to around 18-20 but the night gets to 2. Yikes... I think that winter will be here sooner than we want!!!

We have been slacking in the painting department here at the home. We have only painted the half bath and the dinning room. We have had green painting tape on our walls for the last month and a half. Maybe this week we will get to it, especially before all the fall programing starts on TV! There are great sports on and in a few weeks all the shows start up again! Exciting!!!! We are slowly buying furniture and window coverings and all the fun stuff that you get to do when you buy your own home and get to make decisions that you don't have to run by the land lord! It is super fun to own your own home!

It is hard to believe that the summer came and went much faster than I wanted. I don't really feel like I got to enjoy the summer... I didn't even get much of a sunburn this year... the first day of soccer camp I pinked up the backs of my legs and in White Rock last week I pinked my nose and that was the summer. Not even in Panama (it was too bloody hot to go outside and then when we did it rained!!!). Too bad! Well, here's looking forward to next summer already!!!

1 comment:

perztc said...

When you don't the summer leave... I am so happy to welcome the FALL and the WINTER. I like to be COLDED! eheheehehe!!! Miss you, Jen!