Ok... so the other day it was my birthday and Phil bought me this cute little I-Pod Nano (Ernie... I finally entered the Apple world!). It was so great and I was so excited to use it. I got out my instructions and started to follow them. After I plugged it into the computer the computer just stopped. It froze and there was no getting it back. Our good friend Joe said he could try and fix it and so he took the lap top but all he was able to do was recover the hard drive. Sigh, now I only have the computer at work. I did manage to get the I-Pod to work with Phil's work lap top so now that is what I have to use. I was so sad to see the lap top go... now what will I do? Those days when Phil is out of town, there will be no more web surfing and blog entering... I am using work time to do this one... or we could say that I am on my lunch break! I have managed to get some good music on the little player and love it very much... Thanks Phil!
This past weekend our church's AWANA group went to Field Day. It happens every year in the Edmonton area. We take a group of kids and the older ones have Bible Quizzing in the morning and then Games in the afternoon. The younger kids come for the morning and play games. This year the youngsters came in second place in games! Good job. I didn't get any pictures of them as we were in two different locations at the time and I was with the older kids. The older kids did Bible Quizzing and they did pretty good. We got a couple of placings. Our games teams did great too. One team (my team!) came in first place and the other team came in last. They did real well and had a lot of fun. We took the bus there and back and it was a blast. I realized that day why it was that I didn't become a school teacher (kids are loud and obnoxious sometimes!). We left the church around 8am and returned around 5:15. All day with kids is way too much work. That's why I just have to deal with them at church on Friday night and Sunday morning... PERFECT! If you want to check out some pictures of our time you can check them out here.
I think that winter is still here for a little while longer. Everytime we think that it is turning to spring it snows on us. Last night it snowed again. But the upside is they are saying that by Friday it is going to be plus 4. We will wait and see if that really happens! I am dying to have spring and summer here. The only downside is that my summer is super busy. I guess I just want the weather, not all the activities. Speaking of summer activities, I really should get back to work and do some stuff for our soccer summer camp. Hope you are enjoying the weather that God is giving you in your area! Cheers!
2 comments:
your welcome! enjoy the ipod....just need to get a new computer now!
that Phil sure is sweet for buying you such a nice present! He must really love you
Post a Comment