Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Mary Kay

The other day I got a call from my Mary Kay consultant.  I have been ordering product from her for probably the last four years or so.  Before that since I kept on moving I just ordered from whoever was around.  I love the product and find it to be so simple.  The skin care line keeps my face feeling great all day.  Their makeup options can be super simple to super glam (I kinda fall in the middle).  So the other day she contacted me to see whether or not I'd be interested in selling Mary Kay.  To be honest I had been thinking about what I was going to do for work once my mat leave was up.  Would I find a job in Grande Cache (I've already been told that there are always jobs in the admin area at the Institution) or would I just stay home with the kids?  I mentioned a few months ago to Phil that I should take up selling Mary Kay.  He didn't really say much, so I just pushed the thought aside and thought I'd think about it later (I still have 8 more months of mat leave).  But when I got the call I just couldn't put the thought aside.  So I thought I'll take the plunge and just do it.

So the plan is to over the next 6-8 months build up some inventory, meet some new people in Grande Cache and start to build my client list.  I'm starting next week with some FREE facials for some of my girlfriends.  If you live in Edmonton and would like a free facial, you have till September 10 contact me and we can see about setting one up.  If you don't live in my area but would like to order product, just message me (or leave me a comment and I'll try and get in touch with you).  I'm really excited about this opportunity as it will give me an opportunity to be involved with my kids but I'll also be able to earn a little spending money too (I won't have to get an allowance from Phil)!!!  So, if anyone out there is interested let me know and I'd love to talk to you about skin care options and makeup!

2 comments:

dorcas said...

LIKE. This sounds so exciting!!! =)

danica said...

Good luck in your new venture. I sold Pampered Chef for years and it was totally worth it. Being a consultant to sell a product you already love is a great job for a mother of little ones. It's so flexible and so profitable. Have fun!