Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Dinner Inspiration

I find myself bored with dinner options. I seem to cook a few things and Phil cooks a few things and then we rotate through those few things. Phil is much more creative when it comes to cooking (probably because he has taken some classes and is just creative that way). Growing up my mom taught me how to cook and those are the things that I continue to cook (pasta with meat sauce, stroganoff, chili, tacos, fajitas, chicken with rice, etc, etc.). Kinda boring. I even subscribe to the Kraft emails where they send you recipes and stuff. Phil has also requested sertain things that he likes and somehow the recipes just don't turn out right. I am nervous to try new things in case they taste terrible and I don't like it. Also, some recipes require different ingredients that we don't always carry at home. So, what am I to do? I especially have no motivation to cook and try new things as by the time dinner rolls around I am so tired the last thing I want to do is make supper. Does anyone have any ideas? What are some of your favorite things to make? I need some inspiration!

3 comments:

kkwans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kkwans said...

well I guess one won't really know until they try.. and probably won't get better at it without trying at it I guess :D.

and possibly, if everything was so easy, I don't know how much people would seek after God, which probably wouldn't give one an opportunity to find a deeper relationship with Him as well. It's unfortunately we don't live in that perfect place yet, but its here where I guess we are given the chances to discover a hint of that fullness and greatness of God. But thats what I guess I've experienced as I sit downunder.

Hope things get better as Christmas approaches :D!

Agent EE said...

I am in the same rut except my mom has never taught me how to cook and well home ec was a disaster for the cooking half. I use cambell's recipes. And minute rice usually has some gooders. I also find that picking up "college" cook books are pretty good at fool proof recipes and are quick and easy. Hope this helps :)